News: Review of Apple's New Lightning to Micro USB Adapter for iPhone 5, iPad Mini, 4th Gen iPad, 5th Gen iPod Touch & Nano

Review of Apple's New Lightning to Micro USB Adapter for iPhone 5, iPad Mini, 4th Gen iPad, 5th Gen iPod Touch & Nano

Thanks for stopping by to view my Apple Lightning to Micro USB adapter review. The unit comes in a low profile cardboard box and some misc documentation -none of which appear to include any instructions but I think I can figure out how to use it. The adapter is small and well constructed as you would expect from an Apple product and for almost $24 including tax. The plastic encasing the connector is a little larger than with Apple's Lightning cable.

I bought the adapter to add portability to my iPhone5 lifestyle. Portable batteries are charged using a micro USB connector so my micro USB cable could do double duty to charge the portable battery and with the adapter the iPhone. In my example I will used a retractable USB cable (reach for cable) making my charging kit more portable. Compare that to the more rigid Apple Lightning cable which is harder to fit in my pouch than the retractable cable. The Apple Lightning to Micro USB adapter worked fine with both charging and syncing. I'm very happy with the Lightning adapter though my only issue with the Lightning adapter is that it is so small I'm afraid I might lose it.

Just updated your iPhone? You'll find new emoji, enhanced security, podcast transcripts, Apple Cash virtual numbers, and other useful features. There are even new additions hidden within Safari. Find out what's new and changed on your iPhone with the iOS 17.4 update.

Be the First to Comment

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Latest